The best idea I ever had, was to get a subscription on biological veggies from a farm near my house. Not only are the veggies grown locally and free of pesticides (healthy), you also get seasonal vegetables, which means you discover food you might never even have heard of. Another advantage is you never know which veggies you will get which makes it cooking a bit more surprising and fun.
With every box of veggies, you get a newsletter with very easy recipes to make.
This easy, Southern European stew with parsnip and chicken is one of those recipes and truly a gem.
Ingredients for this chicken stew with parsnip
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 parsnips, cut in slices
- 2 carrots
- 1 big piece of garlic
- juice of an orange
- Sweet, red chili sauce
Make the chicken stew
- Heat the oil in a tajine or stew pot and glaze your onion
- Add the chicken and carrot pieces, and let it bake until brownish
- Add the parsnip, orange juice, garlic, salt and chili sauce and mingle it all.
- Cover the pot or tajine and let the whole chicken dish stew for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice!