I absolutely adore Mexican food. Haha, just joking. I really don’t like Mexican food usually. Too much great ingredients mixed together and I can’t help it.. I am European, I like my food simple with the best ingredients.
But then I stumbled upon this Mexican oven dish. You hardly need fresh ingredients, you can easily leave out the meat and make it vegetarian and the flavors are delicious.
Ingredients for this Mexican oven dish with veggies and minced beef
For 2 people:
- 250 gr minced beef (or other minced meat)
- 5 tbsp raisins
- 2 bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 big onion, cut in cubes
- 1 can of tomato puree dissolved in water
- 1 can of corn
- 2 tomatoes
- Shredded cheese, any kind really
- Herbs: chili, paprika, cinnamon, salt & pepper
How to make this Mexican oven dish
- Cook the onion and minced meat together until the meat is cooked through
- Add the raisins, bell pepper and tomato puree.
- Add herbs as you prefer
- Leave on the stove to stew for 15 min
- Add the mexican mixture to an ovendish and add a layer of tomato slices
- Add the cheese on top of the mexican oven dish
- Broil for 20 min on 350 F or 175 degrees C