Chocolate craving alert!
New Yorkers are the most delicious cookies you can find in the supermarket. And by far the ones you always take with you in your basket.
Turned out these New Yorker chocolate chip cookies are not that hard to make yourself. Here is a recipe for New Yorkers that pleased me very much.
Do be careful though! The way you bake them in the oven is extremely important (too low temperatures make the cookies too dry).
Ingredients for 20 New Yorker cookies
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bits
How to make these New Yorkers
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320F.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Beat 150g softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups plain flour in two batches.
- Stir in 1/2 cup dark choc bits and 1/2 cup milk choc bits until evenly distributed.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays.
- Press the cookies down slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can store these New Yorker cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week.