After New Year’s Eve, I needed some balance to all the grease I’ve shoveled in my belly. This easy recipe for stuffed bell peppers is excellent and fast! It’s vegetarian on top of that too.
It’s little bit salty though. It you don’t like salt: stay away from these bell peppers!
Time needed: 15 min + 1h in the oven
Dishes: small bowl to mix ingredrients + small bowl to defrost spinach + oven pot
Ingredients for 2 stuffed bell peppers
- 2 peppers (preferably green or red ones)
- 150 g of salt crackers
- 1 cup of spinach (from the freezer or after cooking)
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 8 chopped black olives
- 10 chopped anchovy
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preparation of the stuffed bell peppers
- Mix the salt crackers, anchovy, raisins, herbs and olives. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Melt the spinach
- Cut a hat from the bell peppers and cut carefully the seeds out .
- Fill the bell peppers with the spinach and on top of the anchovy, raisin, olive stuffing and press firmly.
- Put the caps back on.
- Put a pievce of butter on top of the bell pepper
- Put the bell pepper in a casserole with olive oil rubbed .
- Drip some olive oil over it.
- Set for 1 hour in an oven at 200 ° C.