Chocolate cookies with chocolate chips AND melted chocolate inside? SAY NO MORE!
I tried this Nigella Lawson recipe and it’s de-li-cious. And the people I shared them with all agreed.
It takes a bit more work, but you won’t regret it. The cookies peal off easily from the baking sheet, they melt in your mouth and mmmmmm.
Time needed: 20 min + 15 min baking
Dishes: 1 pot, 1 bowl, 1 whisker, 1 oven tray
Ingredients chocolate chip cookies
- 125 gr dark chocolate
- 150 gr white flour
- 30 gr cacao
- 125 gr melted butter
- 75 gr light brown/caster sugar
- 50 gr white sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 gr chocolate chips (in my case: chocolate bar smashed into pieces with a hammer)
How to make 15 chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven on 170°C
- Melt the 125 gr chocolate au bain marie in a big bowl.
- Add the butter and mix it into the chocolate on the fire
- Add the sugar, mix well and get off the fire
- Put the flour, cacao and salt in a big pot
- Add the chocolate / butter / sugar mixture
- Add the egg and mix everything well
- Put the chocolate chips in and mix again
- Take a spoon and make big heaps on the baking sheet on the oven tray
- Bake for 15 – 20 min depending on your oven
- They get harder once you get them out and they cool down
When I left my job, I got 3 bags of salted peanuts (don’t ask!). I don’t like my peanuts salted, so I looked for a way to use them in cookies. I made these oatmeal cookies and they turned out really flat and unattractive looking. I had a big pile of those cookies so I wasn’t that much of a fan (I mean, they are OK, but I tasted better oatmeal cookies before). However my flatmate and a friend were really enthusiastic about it and asked for the recipe. So here it is!
Time needed: 15 min
Dishes: 1 big bowl + oven tray + whisker + 2 spoons
Ingredients for +20 big peanut oatmeal cookies
- 1 cup or 250 gr white sugar
- 1 cup or 200 gr dark brown sugar
- 1 cup or 225 gr melted butter
- 3 cups or 270 gr of oatmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup or 150 gr salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup or 180 gr flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
How to make the peanut oatmeal cookies
This is the easy part
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Take a spoon and make heaps of dough on a plate with a baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 min on 180°
- Get them out, when they are not too soft anymore and have a gold crust
Enjoy your flat peanut oatmeal cookies!
Chocolate craving alert!
New Yorkers are the most delicious cookies you can find in the supermarket. And by far the ones you always take with you in your basket.
Turned out these New Yorker chocolate chip cookies are not that hard to make yourself. Here is a recipe for New Yorkers that pleased me very much.
Do be careful though! The way you bake them in the oven is extremely important (too low temperatures make the cookies too dry).
Ingredients for 20 New Yorker cookies
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bits
How to make these New Yorkers
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320F.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Beat 150g softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups plain flour in two batches.
- Stir in 1/2 cup dark choc bits and 1/2 cup milk choc bits until evenly distributed.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays.
- Press the cookies down slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can store these New Yorker cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week.