Since I discovered how easy it is to make your own bread, and how much salt and sugar they put in bread you buy in stores, I am baking my own bread every couple of days. Especially spelt bread because it’s way better than ordinary white and brown bread. Making spelt bread isn’t necessarily harder than making ordinary bread.
Time needed: 25 min to prepare + 30 min to rise & bake
Ingredients for 1 big ass spelt bread
- 1 tablespoon fresh yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 2/3 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 9 tablespoons oil
- 9 cups spelt flour
Continue reading “Homemade spelt bread”
Marble cake, a true piece of creative cooking art. I found a brilliant recipe to make a smooth, soft and delicious marble cake. I even sold this cake on a market and sold out. Absolute recommendation! Continue reading “Marble cake”
Chocolate craving alert!
New Yorkers are the most delicious cookies you can find in the supermarket. And by far the ones you always take with you in your basket.
Turned out these New Yorker chocolate chip cookies are not that hard to make yourself. Here is a recipe for New Yorkers that pleased me very much.
Do be careful though! The way you bake them in the oven is extremely important (too low temperatures make the cookies too dry).
Ingredients for 20 New Yorker cookies
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bits
How to make these New Yorkers
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320F.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Beat 150g softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups plain flour in two batches.
- Stir in 1/2 cup dark choc bits and 1/2 cup milk choc bits until evenly distributed.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays.
- Press the cookies down slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can store these New Yorker cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week.
I absolutely adore Mexican food. Haha, just joking. I really don’t like Mexican food usually. Too much great ingredients mixed together and I can’t help it.. I am European, I like my food simple with the best ingredients.
But then I stumbled upon this Mexican oven dish. You hardly need fresh ingredients, you can easily leave out the meat and make it vegetarian and the flavors are delicious. Continue reading “Mexican oven dish with minced beef”