A friend came over for dinner on a warm day and I felt like preparing something light, delicious that didn’t require an awful lot of work.
A vegetarian zucchini oven dish was perfect for that. This recipe is based on vegetables and cheese and so totally vegetarian proof. Continue reading “Vegetarian zucchini oven dish”
This week I made spelt bread. And I discovered this lovely peas & avocado spread to accompany the bread as appetizer. Delicious and vegetarian!
I am a late chef. I get in my kitchen between 9-10 PM to start preparing my evening meal. My stomach starts making noises at 7 PM. So in between 7 & 9, you basically find me with my head in the refrigerator. Snacking on every piece of vegetable, meat, fish etc I find in there. And avocado. Definitely avocado since I absolutely adore the green vegetable.
This week I made spelt bread. And I discovered this lovely peas & avocado spread to accompany the bread as appetizer. Delicious!
Time needed: 5 min
Dishes: 1 small bowl & 1 fork
Ingredients for peas & avocado spread (to cover 5 slices of bread)
- 1 avocado
- 1 small can of peas
- juice of half a lime
- salt / pepper
How to make peas & avocado spread
- Put the avocado, peas and lime together in a bowl
- Smash and blend everything together with a fork
- Add salt and pepper as you wish
Make sure to eat the spread immediately. A day later (and especially 2 days later) it doesn’t taste good anymore.
After New Year’s Eve, I needed some balance to all the grease I’ve shoveled in my belly. This easy recipe for stuffed bell peppers is excellent and fast! It’s vegetarian on top of that too.
It’s little bit salty though. It you don’t like salt: stay away from these bell peppers!
Time needed: 15 min + 1h in the oven
Dishes: small bowl to mix ingredrients + small bowl to defrost spinach + oven pot
Ingredients for 2 stuffed bell peppers
- 2 peppers (preferably green or red ones)
- 150 g of salt crackers
- 1 cup of spinach (from the freezer or after cooking)
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 8 chopped black olives
- 10 chopped anchovy
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preparation of the stuffed bell peppers
- Mix the salt crackers, anchovy, raisins, herbs and olives. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Melt the spinach
- Cut a hat from the bell peppers and cut carefully the seeds out .
- Fill the bell peppers with the spinach and on top of the anchovy, raisin, olive stuffing and press firmly.
- Put the caps back on.
- Put a pievce of butter on top of the bell pepper
- Put the bell pepper in a casserole with olive oil rubbed .
- Drip some olive oil over it.
- Set for 1 hour in an oven at 200 ° C.
I had a homegrown zucchini laying around and was super hungry after an hour of intensive sports. So I created this vegetarian, Moroccan oven dish by improvising. It turned out really well in only 30 min! Continue reading “Vegetarian moroccan dish”