I love diets! Really. Because I only remember the diets that I like and I can work with. Dieting is really for people who take themselves too seriously. The only rule and diet in my kitchen is that there are no rules except for following my common sense. My common sense often times lets me down, but hey, we keep perfecting over time.
I believe, rock solid, in balanced eating. And balancing, I take that quite literally. After a day when I had 3 pieces of cake (otherwise it was thrown away, really!) and an ice cream (otherwise it would have melted, really!) it’s time for a detox, which usually means: vegetarian recipes and food.
With this vegetarian lasagna (delicious and especially easy), you immediately bring a piece of Greece on the table.
Ingredients for this vegetarian lasagna
For 2 people
Ready in 20 min + 30 min oven time
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- +- 8 lasagna sheets
- 0,5l of tomato juice (passata)
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 100gr feta
- 0,25 l white wine
How to make this vegetarian lasagna
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini in slices.
- Add salt & pepper to the slices & put aside for a couple of minutes
- Cut the onion in small pieces
- Heat olive oil and grill the vegetables slowly until they have a golden color, get them out of the pan when they are colored
- In the same pan, cook the onion until golden. Add the tomato puree/juice and Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven on 400 degrees
- Put a layer of lasagna sheets on the bottom of an oven dish
- Add 2/3ds of the eggplant
- Add 1/3d of the feta and tomato puree on top of it
- Add another layer of lasagna sheets
- Cover with the zucchini and again layer tomato juice & feta on top of it
- Add a layer of lasagna sheets
- Add a last layer of the leftover vegetables and add the leftover tomato juice
- Top it off with cheese
- Now poor the wine over the whole dish
- Bake the lasagne in the oven for 30 mintus
The wine does something to the vegetarian lasagne that makes it UBER delicious and tasty.